We may process your data based on one of three main legal grounds: (1) your consent; (2) any contract between you and us; and (3) our legitimate interests.
We collect your personal data based on one or many of the following legal bases:
- we have obtained your prior express consent (written, verbal or online) to the processing of your personal data (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between Cesana Australia (“contractual necessity”); or
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms (“legitimate interests”).
You have a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, at any time, by contacting us here.
We collect the following information:
- Information provided directly by you
- Information collected when our website is used
We may collect personal data either directly from you, automatically from your devices that interact with our services, or from third party sources as described below.
Information collected directly from you:
- Contact details: your name, email address(es), phone number, location;
- Any consents, communications and feedback that you provide to us;
- Personal interests notified by you.
Information collected when our website services are used.
- Your browser, operating system, device model, IP-address, time of access and duration of access;
- Web pages through which our website was accessed, the pages browsed by you, all other actions with our website during your website visit (e.g., interactions, referral sites, search key words);
- Cookies and other identification tags;
- Marketing information: the benefits, campaigns and services directed or offered to the customer and your usage of them; and
- Other information collected based on your consent.
Information collected from other sources:
We collect your personal data in order to offer you our products and services in the best possible way; to create a smooth shopping experience; and to operate and maintain our websites effectively. We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Offering services, marketing and personalizing
- Customer service
- Detection, investigation and prevention of unlawful activities
- Identifying users
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
I. Offering services, marketing and personalizing
We want to offer you the most interesting services and therefore we may analyze your interests, preferences and needs.
We may process your personal data to manage our relationship with you, in the context of marketing and sales purposes as follows: managing the customer relationship life cycle, customer segmentation and improving effectiveness.
In addition, we may process your personal data to optimize our websites, service recommendations to better meet your preferences, enabling us to show and offer you better and more relevant services and content.
Your personal data may be processed for the purposes of informing you about our services, announcing any new service launch or benefits available to you, and concluding market surveys, provided that we have first obtained any necessary consent, where required for such use, in accordance with the applicable law. Such marketing may be carried out as follows:
- Electronic messaging: emails and other electronic messages; and Digital online marketing (e.g., displays, search engine marketing)
II. Customer service
We may process your personal data for the purpose of providing personal and customized services when you contact us.
Cesana Australia may process your personal data if you contact them. We may connect the personal data collected by the team at Cesana Australia with other personal data, such as your purchase history, which enables us to provide you with as efficient and personal service as possible.
III. Detection, investigation and prevention of unlawful activities
We may process your personal data for the purposes of detecting, investigating and preventing unlawful activities. We may provide your information to law enforcement authorities based on their request, or based on a legal basis defined in any applicable law for prevention and investigation of fraud and other unlawful activities. We may disclose your personal data to any party in response to an order from a court of competent jurisdiction.
IV. Identifying users
We may identify you for the purposes of providing you with more personalized and customized services, and a better experience.
We may identify your online activities based on cookies. Read more on cookies we use.
Personal data of children
Services ordered will only be accepted by us if the consumer is 18 years old or more. Therefore we do not seek to collect personal data of children.
How we disclose your personal data to other parties
We do not disclose your data to third parties, except for processors and approved third parties, in accordance with applicable law. We do not sell, lease or rent your data. Your data are adequately protected if transferred internationally. We may provide your data if needed for lawful requests, fraud combating, mergers or acquisitions or protection of our interests.
We disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons only:
- Lawful requests. We may be required by the binding requirements of applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- Protection of our interests and combating fraud. We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings) and when combating fraud.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
- Choosing not to provide your personal data
- Accessing, or obtaining a copy of, your personal data
- Unsubscribing from direct marketing
- Blocking and deleting the cookies
- Erasure, or restriction of our processing, of your data
- Objecting to the processing of your personal data
- Withdrawing your consent
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed below, you may be requested to provide additional information for identification purposes. Such additional information shall not be used for any other purpose and will be removed after successful identification.
- Providing your data: You may choose not to provide your personal data to us. It should be noted that some features of our websites and other services may not be fully available to you if you choose not to provide us with your personal data (e.g., we may not be able to process your orders without the necessary details).
- Right of access: You may have the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data, together with information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of those data.
- Blocking and deleting cookies: You may block the cookies using your browser settings. Please note that blocking the cookies may affect the usability of our websites. You may also delete the cookies from your browser via its settings, in which case the information collected by the previous cookie will not affect the account created based on the information collected after such deletion.
- Erasure, or restriction of our processing, of your data: Should you believe that we process your data which is not accurate; the processing is illegal; we are not processing your data in accordance with the processing purpose or you want to oppose the processing, you may contact us to request the erasure, or restrictions on the processing, of your data. Please note that we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
- Right to object: You may have the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
- Withdrawing your consent. You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other legal bases, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law. However, it should be noted that your account(s) on our web store(s) will be removed, and advantages granted to you via your account will be reset. Please note that withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal.
We have created appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. We have implemented both technical and organizational safety measures, and only certain restricted personnel are permitted to access your data. However, you should always be careful when transmitting your data via internet, as the transmission of data to our website will be at your risk.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing, in accordance with applicable law.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personally identifiable information. Specifically, we use commercially accepted procedures and systems to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Only our appointed personnel and third party companies operating on behalf of us or on our assignment (referred to as “Authorized Third Parties”) are entitled to access or process your personal data.
All persons processing such data must receive individual accreditation. Different levels of access have been created based on the type of data a person needs to access or process according to his/her job description. Our systems are fire-wall protected. Manually stored and processed documents which may contain your personal data are stored in locked and fireproof premises. Only specifically authorized personnel of ours or Authorized Third Parties are entitled to access such premises or process such data. All Cesana Australia personnel or personnel from Authorized Third Parties who are granted access to your personal data are required to keep such data confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Cookies are small text files, often construed of letters and numbers, which the browser inserts into a computer or other device while you use our websites.
Third party websites
Please note that certain features on our website are offered by third parties and the third party privacy policies apply.
Our websites and services use options which enable you to share content on social media, such as Facebook’s “share” button. Such options are provided directly by the third-party service providers (e.g., Facebook). Each such third-party service provider may collect personal data regarding your visits and interaction with its services, based on its own policies and rules concerning data privacy.
Cesana Australia cannot be held liable for any privacy policies or terms and conditions concerning data privacy of such third parties.
- “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
- “process”, “processing” or “processed” means anything that is done with any personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Our contact point
In general privacy issues, in issues relating to opting out from marketing messages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org